OIC New Britain is founded on a belief in the potential of every human being. We believe that through encouragement, inspiration, and training, our participants will be inspired to become self-supporting and contributing members of the economy and society.
- We operate with efficiency and effectiveness.
- We are responsive to changing needs of the community and open to new methods of providing services.
- we maintain respectful relationship with participants, community agencies, financial supporters, volunteers, federal and state governmental agencies, and local businesses.
- We maintain empowering and respectful relationships with all members within the organization.
- We are dedicated to promoting the successor program participants.
- We are persistent in the efforts to assist participants in becoming positive economic contributors in the community.
- We are dedicated to improving the organization by devolving its people and creating sustainable economic relationships.
OIC is a program that develops the whole person and prepares them for the world of work. In preparation for employment, OIC utilizes the Career Competency System (CCS) that was developed by Capital Workforce Partners, Inc.
New Britain School District and E.C. Goodwin Technical High School
Number of Youth Served
11 to 21 years
6th to 12th grade
Low - Moderate Income
110 and counting